- E S (Tom) Wilkinson – Pilot RNZAF
- Speed up on Stirlings.
- The Garden of Mepal “Forever Fallen” featuring Gita Langley A tribute to the sacrifices made by 75 Squadron.
- Documentary recorded in March 1989 about the RAF Lancaster raid on Augsburg Germany.
- A full moon tonight.
- The ceremony. Sunday May 13, 2012. Schwanheim, Germany.
- BBC Battlefields – Bomber
- Never Forgotten
- Night Bombers 1943
- Social media magic (or – sometimes nice things just happen)
- The Short Stirling Mk III Heavy bomber
- The last flight of EE893 and the saving of Schwanheim
- Bomber Command
Author Archives: robtreacher
P/O Tom Wilkinson from Brightwater, New Zealand died at the controls attempting to crash land his stricken RAF Stirling bomber. Dad and three others managed to escape the aircraft but Tom remained – he had always told his crew that … Continue reading
An interesting short movie showing how the Stirling heavy bomber was constructed.
The Garden of Mepal “Forever Fallen” featuring Gita Langley A tribute to the sacrifices made by 75 Squadron.
A tribute to the sacrifices made by 75 Squadron. Release date 4th of November 2013 10% of Royalties committed to the Mepal Garden fund 10% of Royalties committed to the British Legion Help for Heroes fund. Written by Gita Langley … Continue reading
It was midday and in twos and threes, the guests arrived at Zum alten Nussbaum or ‘The old walnut tree’, Schwanheim’s own delightfully traditional restaurant. A little awkwardly at first, we made our introductions – descendants of the air crew, … Continue reading
These beautiful images were sent by my good friends in Schwanheim, Germany. Thanks to them, the memory of the demise of RAF bomber EE893 and many of it’s crew on that night in 1943 will never be forgotten. It was … Continue reading
Some pretty cool things have happened to me since getting into social media. Communicating and engaging with people of all ages and backgrounds from all around the world to express and compare opinions, share news, interests, experiences and emotions – … Continue reading